We encourage you to read this Policy before using this website(s) and providing your personal data to us. We know that you care about how your information is used and shared and believe in protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your Personal Information. Your use of our website signifies that you understand and agree with all practices and terms of this Policy.
What Information does this website collect?
This website collects data from registered candidates, self study paid candidates and customers with the intention of providing the best level of service. It is our overall policy to collect only personally identifiable information that you knowingly provide. The types of personal information we collect may include your name, postal address, email address, phone number, gender, date of birth, education and employment information, and professional designations achieved. We may collect additional personal information from you on occasion as needs arise. Any personal data you provide will enable us to keep you informed, process your requests, or offer services to you with respect to our programs, products, and services.
We always strive to use in-house and/or standard marketing analytic tools within our platforms to better serve our customers. We may collect non-personally identifiable information (i.e., information of an anonymous nature) such as device type, browser type, operating system, page views, usage, and similar data from your visits to our websites.
When a visitor performs a search within our websites, we may record information identifying the visitor or linking the visitor to the search performed. We may also record limited information associated with every search request made by a visitor. That information is used to, among other things, solve technical problems with the service and to calculate overall usage statistics.
How Do We Use Your Data?
Aaifm uses information voluntarily submitted by registered candidates, self study paid candidates and customers in the following ways:
- To provide you with programs, products, services, or information you have requested from us
- To develop new and improved services by analyzing demographic or usage trends and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas and online exam service
- To communicate with you about your exam status
- To process payments, including registration and certification issuance dues, materials and exam fees, and products and services provided by authorized testing centers in your region. We are in compliant with the data security standards of the payment card industry (PCI-DSS compliant)
- To administer our certification programs, examination scheduling, and registration processes with our partner exam providers.
- To manage your participation in governance activities, such as Global and local Boards, Standing Advisory Committees, and other volunteer leadership roles
- To provide you with prompt and effective customer service
- To support the operations of our such as account maintenance and recordkeeping, troubleshooting problems, resolving disputes, and for internal controls and audits
- To inform you about programs, products, and services offered and/or its contracted business partners
- To provide advertisements that are consistent with our organizational purpose
- To conduct surveys for us or on behalf of individual candidates performing scholarly research
- To carry out Ethics Compliance Policy and/or conduct investigations as required by law
- To promote networking between candidates
There are a number of different basis on which we will process your personal data, depending on the type of data and the purpose. Generally, we will process your personal data to provide you with the programs, products, services, and information that you have requested from us or where it is necessary to perform our contract with you (i.e., self study exam registration). If none of these conditions apply, we may process your personal data in instances when it is in our legitimate interests and in alignment with the purposes defined in this Policy.
Unless a longer retention period is required by applicable laws or regulations, we will retain your information for as long as your certification is active, as well as for an additional period afterwards to cover any outstanding issues or queries that may arise in relation to your exam. This period of retention is subject to our review and alteration.
How Do We Share or Disclose Your Data?
We will not sell your personally identifiable information to anyone. We may disclose your personal data to third parties. Our third-party data processors are required to securely maintain your personal data, following regulations and best practices, and will use the data only as needed to support the delivery of services to you on our behalf. Further, personal data will be disclosed only to contracted third-party service providers under the following categories:
- Hosting facilities to securely store, transmit, and process your data
- Technology solution providers who assist in the development of our software platforms
- Credit card processors to securely process your payments to us
- Compliance authorities we utilize for legal issues, audits, and tax purposes
- Mailing houses for the fulfillment of our products and services
- Identity management providers for user access to confidential information
- Legal authorities to comply with an inquiry made regarding a subpoena, warrant, or other court order
- Advertising, marketing, and social media providers to conduct targeted advertisements related to professional development and educational opportunities
- Research providers who may conduct surveys and studies on behalf of IMA
- Reporting and analytic tools to allow data mining and monitoring
- Affiliate partners to provide special offers as a benefit to our members
- Marketing automation solutions to provide outbound email marketing services
Product and Services
- Third-party call centers to conduct outreach initiatives on behalf of us regarding our programs, products, and services
- Professional certification providers and our official representatives for the delivery of our online exams, pencil and paper exams and certification issuance packets.
- Online community platform providers to allow customer networking benefits
- Event solution providers for the hosting and delivery of webinars and conferences, including onsite support
- Verification purposes related to credentials issued by us.
Do We Collect Personal Data from Children?
We do not knowingly collect or post information from individuals under eighteen (18) years of age (“Children” or “Child”) to the extent that we are able to determine the age of users by their submissions to or communications with us.
International Data Privacy Protection
Our Security Measures
The security of a customer’s personal data is important to us. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps to protect the personal data that you provide and we have implemented numerous security features to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal data. We restricts access to your personal data by our employees by only allowing it on an as-needed basis for the purpose of providing benefits, programs, products, or services to you. In addition, Our employees are trained about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your personal data. While every effort is made to maintain the privacy and security of your personal data, our security practices, processes, or technology do not guarantee absolute security of your information. It is in your best interest to take all normal personal precautions as well. Examples of precautions you can take are, but are not limited to, not sharing passwords, closing browsers when not using them, and not using public networks (e.g., internet cafes, etc.).
This website provides you with communications on educational products and services, networking opportunities, certification, industry research, and other topics related to our mission.