CIM is administered by AAIFM (The American Association for Investment and Financial Management); one of the most renowned associations for financial management and investment in the United States. By earning CIM candidates demonstrate that they have mastered the investment management body of knowledge, obtained the skills of investment management, and committed to AAIFM core values and code of ethics. Earning your CIM designation not only broadens your skill set, it demonstrates a standardized level of industry knowledge, making you a recognized leader in investment management.
CIM Certification Preparation
If you are studying in order to prepare for the CIM exam; AAIFM provides candidates with training sessions for many of the exam questions. AAIFM also provide thorough training for the exam modules using its learning system through authorized training providers and prometric centers worldwide.
AAIFM CIM Recertification
Once you have passed the CIM exam and received your certification, you will need to stay up to date on developments in investment management practices. To prove you have maintained and updated your investment management knowledge and skills, AAIFM requires that you recertify every 4 years. (please refer to recertification for more info)
- A passing score on the CIM Examination.
- Bachelor Degree in any field OR;
- A minimum of two years experience in any related investment area (portfolio management, finance, accounting, investment…).
The CIM (Certified Investment Manager) examination is a 3-hour exam, 50 multiple choice questions in addition to multiple essays and case study questions (2-4 cases). The exam is given in a booklet form.
- Money Market Securities, Common and Preferred Stock
- Corporate Bonds, The time value of money
- U.S. Treasury, Agency and related bonds, Municipal bonds
- Issuing and trading securities, Secondary security markets
- Security market indexes, Analysis of Financial Statements
- Short positions, Hedging and Arbitrage, Total Risk and Risk Factors
- Bond Portfolio Management, Bond Valuation
- Common Stock Valuation, Technical Analysis
- Efficient Markets Theory, Futures
- Put and Call Options I and II
- Portfolio Analysis, Capital Market Theory
- Arbitrage Pricing Theory (APT), Portfolio Performance Evaluation
- International Investing
Please e-mail us at email@example.com for any other inquiries. For international candidates; please contact our authorized representatives in your region.