CFO is administered by AAIFM (The American Association for Investment and Financial Management); one of the most renowned associations for financial management and investment in the United States. By earning CFC/CFO candidates demonstrate that they have mastered the financial management body of knowledge, obtained the skills of financial management, and committed to AAIFM core values and code of ethics. Earning your CFC/CFO designation not only broadens your skill set, it demonstrates a standardized level of industry knowledge, making you a recognized leader in financial management.
CFO Certification Preparation
If you are studying in order to prepare for the CFC/CFO exam; AAIFM provides candidates with training sessions for many of the exam questions. AAIFM also provide thorough training for the exam modules using its learning system through authorized training providers and prometric centers worldwide.
AAIFM CFO Recertification
Once you have passed the CFC/CFO exam and received your certification, you will need to stay up to date on developments in financial management practices. To prove you have maintained and updated your financial management knowledge and skills, AAIFM requires that you recertify every 4 years. (please refer to recertification for more info)
- A passing score on the CFC/CFO Examination.
- Bachelor Degree in any field OR;
- A minimum of two years experience in any related financial area (finance, accounting, investment…).
- A Minimum of 25 hours of financial management approved training.
The CFC and/or CFO (Certified Financial Controller/Chief Financial Officer) examination is a 3-hour exam, 100 multiple-choice questions examinations. The exam is given in booklet form.
- Analysis of Financial Statements and Cash Flow
- Financial Forecasting Planning and Budgeting
- The Management of Working Capital
- Short-Term Financing
- Time Value of Money
- Risk Return and Valuation
- Capital Budgeting Including Leasing
- Capital Budgeting Under Risk
- Cost of Capital
- Leverage and Capital Structure
- Dividend Policy
- Term Loans and Leasing
- Long-Term Debt
- Preferred and Common Stock
- Hybrids Derivatives and Risk Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Failure and Reorganization
- Multinational Finance
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any other inquiries. For international candidates; please contact our authorized representatives in your region.